Dedicated Contract Carriage
What is Dedicated Contract Carriage?
Dedicated Contract Carriage (DDC) is a customized transportation system that acts as an extension of your business.
Benefits of a Dedicated Contract Carriage
Companies choose to move forward with the DCC solution for a myriad of reasons, such as:
- Controls costs
- Provides a dedicated fleet with company branding
- Improves customer service
- Guarantees capacity
Depending on how companies are currently shipping their products, some benefits may apply more than others.
How Do You Determine if Dedicated Contract Carriage Is Right For You?
There are three main ways that you may be shipping your goods:
- Private fleet – you current own a private fleet. Perhaps you’re considering whether to renew your leases and contracts.
- Dedicated trucking service – you already have a contract with a DCC provider.
- Carriers – you hire carriers to ship your products.
Depending on how you’re shipping now, you can start to answer the below questions to see if it’s time to rethink your model or your service provider.
If you own a private fleet:
If you are currently running a private fleet, there are many advantages to outsourcing the fleet management duties without losing the advantages of owning a private fleet. If you can answer “yes” to any of the below questions, our DCC model may be right for you.
- Are your insurance premiums skyrocketing?
- Is your administration burdened with managing compliance and HR activities?
- Could your capital resources be deployed from purchasing transportation equipment (a depreciating asset) to building equity in your core business?
- Is your team struggling to maintain your fleet?
- Are the regulatory requirements taking your team away from doing more valuable work like serving your customers?
- Are you struggling to hire drivers?
If you are already using dedicated trucking services:
If you are currently using dedicated trucking services. Perhaps you like the DCC solution, but may be considering whether your partner is right for you. If you answer “yes” to any of the below questions, we would enjoy the opportunity to review your needs and determine if TQ Logistics could be a good fit as your DDC partner.
- Are you dissatisfied with the responsiveness of your current provider?
- Is their room for improvement related to the level of service being provided to your team and partners/customers?
- Is your current contract coming up for renewal?
If you hire carriers to ship your products:
Perhaps you don’t fit into either of the above two categories. Perhaps you are a manufacturer and just don’t want the headaches of a fleet; however, you’re curious if it might work for certain aspects of your supply chain. If you can answer “yes” to any of the below questions, it may be time to think about DCC.
- Are you experiencing issues or delays moving shipments by common carrier?
- Do you have regular shipments within a 150-mile radius?
- Is there regularity of shipments on a weekly basis?
- Would you like to provide your most important customers with exceptional customer service?
TQ Logistics: A Partner You Can Trust
Because your business is unique, so should your transportation solution. Choosing the right solution will help you navigate the complexities of meeting your ground transportation needs.
TQ Logistics has had steady year-over-year growth over the past two decades by providing the highest quality of service in the DCC industry. By considering the current landscape and offering personal service that you cannot get from larger companies, TQ Logistics works with businesses to ensure that the dedicated contract carriage solutions we provide control costs, increase efficiencies, improve customer service, and enhance business performance. Whether or not you choose to do business with TQ Logistics, we want you to consider dedicated contract carriage as an option as you navigate the evolving supply chain industry.